Saturday, January 28, 2012

Frittata

I'd never made a frittata until today.  I'd never even eaten one.  The only reason I knew about it was because I was recently searching for a recipe that could use leftover pasta.  The recipe said it was a good way to use leftovers.  This is my own recipe, using leftovers, and it was delicious!  If, when I ask Dave if he wants me to make it again, he says, "Yes," then I know it's a pretty good recipe.

Chop up any vegetables you have.  I had broccoli, tomato, green pepper, onion, and snow peas.


Saute the vegetables in a cast iron skillet with a little oil until tender.


Scramble about 6 eggs, a little milk, salt and pepper, and add to the vegetables.  Also add any type of cooked pasta.  I used whole wheat spaghetti.  Cook the eggs like you would an omelet, gently pushing back the edge of the egg into the center and tilting the skillet to allow the liquid egg to flow underneath.  When the egg mixture is thickened, turn off heat, top with shredded cheese, and bake in a 350-degree oven until bubbly.  It took about 20 minutes.

Serve hot.  Delicious.
It reminds me of quiche.  Real men may not eat quiche, but they do eat frittatas.
That's what's for supper.

No comments: