Thursday, July 4, 2013

Baked Potato Salad

Do you ever get tired of the same recipe?  Sometimes I just want a change.  Several years ago I tried baking the potatoes before making my potato salad.  I had a lot of compliments.  If you like a creamy potato salad, this is not the recipe for you, but if you like firm potatoes, you'll love this change.

Simply cut your potatoes and put on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.  Salt and pepper as desired.  Bake at 350 degrees until done.

Add your regular ingredients.  I like sweet pickle relish (with some added Bread & Butter Pickles), chopped onion, boiled eggs, mayo, green olives, and a touch of sour cream.

Serve alongside your favorite Independence Day meat--pulled pork, ribs, or hamburgers.

1 comment:

hootnonny said...

I've never thought of baking tators for salad, but it looks/sounds delish! My ingredients are same as yours...except I use pimentos instead of green olives. Bet it's good w/them. Speaking of eggs (we were, weren't we), I love egg and olive sandwichs. Haven't met a soul where I live now who's ever heard of that!